Asian-Americans face unique cultural stressors that are connected to the intersections of identity. Where is home for folx? How do folx find alignment with cultural values in places and spaces that are contrary to their sense of home?
Through a mix of post-colonial theory, feminist and relational-analytic frameworks, therapy on this content area will focus on the reflection of here and now cultural and emotional enactments, developing meaning, re-claiming a cultural self, holding the intersections of various parts of identity, and helping uncover one’s true north(s) in finding a sense of home.
· Re-defining what it means to be ___-American
· Asian Adoptee Identity and Concerns
· Body image, Fat Phobia, and standards of beauty
· Intergenerational trauma
· Collectivist vs Individualist family structures
· Cultural difference in love and romance
· Couples Therapy